Chakra Balancing Candles ☆ Intention Candles
The word chakra is Sanskrit, and it translates to “wheel” or “disk.” That might trigger some recognition for yogis, who hear the term when referring to the wheels of energy in the body.
Chakras are used to measure alignment, physically and spiritually, particularly when referring to aligning the base of the spine, all the way up to the crown of the head.
The purpose of visualizing a chakra is to delve into the place where your spirituality and overall consciousness meet the physical activity you are conducting.
In essence, it’s what brings the whole practice together, and it releases emotional, physical and spiritual energy, called Prana.
Seven Main Chakras
There are seven main chakras that must be opened and aligned to release this energy.
- Root chakra symbolizes the feeling of being grounded, which can reduce anxiety and stress, while putting a stop to catastrophic thinking. It is located in the base of spine, near your tailbone.
- The sacral chakra is located in the lower abdomen, two inches or so below the navel. This chakra represents the connection to new experiences and acceptance of change.
- The solar plexus chakra boosts confidence and the feeling of being in control of our lives. It is located in the upper abdomen.
- The heart chakra is pretty self-explanatory, located just above the heart and representing the ability to love.
- The throat chakra symbolizes the ability to communicate, and is, of course, located in the throat.
- The third-eye chakra rests on the forehead between the eyes, and enables us to see the big picture, rather than small, stressful details.
- The final chakra is the crown chakra, which is located at the top of the head. It is the highest point on the body since it represents the ability to fully connect spiritually.
The purpose of these candles is to add a bit more intention and magic behind the alignment of the chakra(s) selected. Set your intention and light the candle...begin to envision complete chakra health while meditating.