Here are some of our favorite how-to's + best practices to help you get the most out of your experience.
1. be sure to trim your wick to 1/4 inch or smaller
2. burn under extremely careful supervision + stay with your candle for the duration of the burn time.
3. it is recommended that you burn all candles for a **MAXIMUM of 1 hour per inch of diameter** per session
- we understand that it is tempting to let it go longer, but for the health + safety of your candle, this is best!
- **some of our candles, such as the ones poured into vintage containers will come with their own suggested burn time card unique to that particular vessel
- set the crystal next to the container + let the light + love emitted charge them with your good intentions.
- plants + flowers near the flame(s) should also be removed + set aside. you may sprinkle small bits + pieces of each plant into the flame each time you burn as an offering to your journey.
5. avoid setting your candle down in an area that it could be splashed by water.
6. always find a heat resistant surface to burn your candle on + if possible, provide a dish under the candle for extra protection.
7. do not burn your candle all the way to the bottom of the vessel or let it become a complete pool of melted wax.
♡ All vintage container candles going out in the new collection have been inspected + sealed to the best of our abilities with a FDA food contact approved, non-toxic sealant that is designed to withstand temperatures of up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, since we are working with antique pieces, slight wear + tear is inevitable + limited burn times will help to ensure the longevity of your special piece. If these best practices suggestions are not adhered to at home, we are not able to guarantee results ♡